What is Mindfulness Sunderland?
Mindfulness teaches us to direct our attention to our experience as it unfolds - moment by moment, with an open-mind and acceptance. Focusing on the now.
Regular training has been proven to improve health and wellbeing as it helps kids of all ages to:
- Learn more effectively
- Think more clearly
- Perform better
- Feel calmer, less anxious and less depressed.
It is increasingly being used in schools with children and young people to enhance their well-being and learning.
Why is Mindfulness in Kids important?
In Key Stage 2, Mindfulness has the following benefits:
- It promotes well-being resulting in children being happier, calmer and more focused
- Extends their thinking skills e.g. listening, learning and engagement
- Helps children to understand themselves better
- Helps children to be more resilient and resourceful
- Provide skills and understanding that can be available throughout their school life and beyond
In Key Stage 3, Mindfulness has the following benefits:
- Greater well-being e.g. feeling happier, calmer and more fulfilled
- Fulfil their potential and pursue their own goals e.g. be more creative and relaxed
- To improve their concentration and focus:
- in class
- in exams and tests
- on the sports field
- when paying attention and listening to others
- To work with difficult mental states such as depression, ruminative and anxious thoughts and low moods
- To cope with the everyday stresses and strains of adolescent life such as:
- sleep problems
- family issues
You can read about how Mindfulness can help and what benefits are available for everyone: